Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I haven't been sewing

I've been cataloging ideas, but since we are replacing all the carpet in our downstairs livingroom and den with hardwood, I have been pulling up tack strips and sanding- but not sewing. I have to confess that I hate carpet. Hate. Carpet. With two large dogs, I feel like I get nothing done other than cleaning carpet. So, as our valentine's day presents to ourselves, DH and I started ripping out the carpet last weekend. Our hardwood came on Wednesday, but we are still leveling floors (a pain), but today, we begin to actually put the hardwood down. I am excited, but it is keeping me from some sewing inspirations like this little number from Alabama Chanin
I had a perfectly hideous yellow polyester that has a raised embroidery design similar to this. I tried to dye it red, but it came out salmon colored. Next, I'm trying a blue dye in hopes for a more purple hue. I have an eyelet that is also yellowish, and I was thinking of tea dying that one for the bottom part. I don't actually have any intention of wearing this, but I do want to make it. Does anyone else feel the need to sew things that simply seem cool, and have no practical application?

No comments:

Post a Comment