Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Motivation

I have been sewing, sort of. I finished a fuzzy sweater, which I've yet to post because I haven't downloaded the photos from the camera. I also finished a skirt that needed a little modification (too big) because I was too lazy to measure. I'm almost done with the shirt that I'm making to go with the skirt- I just have to put the elastic in the sleeves, and sew the sleeves on to the bodice.
I will post pictures soon.
Today, I discovered the 2011 SWAP on Stitcher's Guild. I am going to use this as my sewing motivation since I have several projects that I have fabric and patterns for, and have not been able to kick the holiday slump and get sewing. For example, I have been off work since Monday because ATL is closed down due to ice and snow. I have done laundry, cleaned the house, even made homemade pasta (no, I don't have a pasta machine!) for my lasagna since I didn't have any pre-packaged noodles, but the only sewing I've done was to hem the shirt I am working on, and put the collar on it. Sad, Sad, Sad.
Tomorrow, I am making no excuses. I will sew all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment