Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pattern Modification

This is for the Simplicity 2313 jacket pattern that I want to make from the faux snake skin. The one that did not fit when I constructed the muslin. I modified the sections of the pattern that I needed to make bigger, and tried to modify sections that would not interfere with the construction in pocket placement, etc.

I made the sleeve larger

And I enlarged the arm hole sections by trimming. Will it match? Who knows.

I added  width to the side front behind the pocket placement. I really don't know if this will work in theory...
Then I added width to the front

So the question is, do I make another muslin? Or do I hope that my mad (not) math skills are adequate and that all will turn out well?

The muslin fit from the first run, before I modified the pattern can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment